Friday, January 18, 2008

Easy Cheese Sticks

I've had this recipe printed out since before Chasen was born, and I still haven't tried it.  Maybe this weekend!

1 lb cheese, cut into 3x1/2" sticks (monterey jack, cheddar, swiss, or mozzarella)

vegetable oil

1 cup Bisquick

1 tsp paprika

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

marinara sauce for dipping

*Place cheese sticks on tray; freeze for at least 1 hour

*Heat 2 inches of oil to 375 in large heavy saucepan, or deep-fryer.  Beat Bisquick, paprika, milk, and egg until smooth.  Dip cheese, 1 stick at a time, into batter, covering cheese completely.

*Fry 8 to 10 sticks at a time for 1 to 2 minutes, turning carefully, until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

(I don't know where I got this recipe, but I hope the sticks taste like Red Robin's!)

No comments:

Post a Comment