Pioneer Woman featured a blueberry muffin recipe on her cooking site. The following is my version - adapted to make my family smile from ear to ear!
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 heaping cup sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cap-full of vanilla extract
Brown sugar (to top)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk sugar, oil, vanilla, egg, and sour cream. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Add blueberries to mixture and stir a few more times.
- Butter muffin tins (skip the liners, trust me on this) and add mixture. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes @ 385. Remove from oven and allow to cool.