Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ham Loaf

This is absolutely delicious... I got the recipe from Scott's Aunt Judy, who got it from her mother (Scott's grandma), who got it from a friend at church years and years ago.  It's so good we're having if for our Christmas dinner this year.  I can't wait!

2 lb ground meat - 2/3 ham, 1/3 lean pork (not sausage)... I grind the ham in my food processor, and the lean pork I buy pre-packaged in the meat department.

1 pkg Club butter crackers, crushed (one of the pkgs from the box)

1 egg per pound (so 2 eggs)

1 heaping tsp ketchup

milk - enough to "make it right"... when you take the whole loaf in your hand, it just begins to droop down

~Mix all in large bowl and place in baking dish.  Pour glaze over loaf...

~Glaze: 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, 2 tsp mustard, 1/2 cup cider vinegar

~Bake 1 1/2 hours at 300.  Baste periodically throughout baking.  Serve extra glaze in serving dish.

(from Great-Grandma Cunningham's kitchen)

1 comment:

  1. [...] HAMLOAF!!!  Definitely a favorite, and if you haven’t tried it yet, you need to, you must, just get over the fact that it’s called hamloaf, and give it a go.  You’ll thank me, I promise! [...]

    ReplyDelete