As soon as I can eat shellfish again, this will be at the top of my list! Pretty sure I won't be making 25 cakes, so I'll try to scale it down and re-post with the results... after November. ;)
- 7 eggs
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 dashes Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon black pepper – freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 5 pounds Dungeness crabmeat
- 2 cups flour
- Mix everything EXCEPT the crabmeat together in a bowl.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the crabmeat and fold it into the mixture.
- Form into balls and then flatten.
- Sautee in clarified butter and then transfer to 350 degree oven for five to six minutes or until internal temperature of 145 degrees is reached
Makes 25 crab cakes.